Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Meeting in a while...

Well I attended my first weight watchers meeting in about a year last night. I don't know why I ever stopped going! The number on the scale was scary, but expected. I weighed in at 228.6, I'm going to get a picture up tomorrow. The message of the meeting was that weight watchers is a Live-it, not a Die-it, and I don't think there could have been a better message for my first meeting back. I am a mother of two, Frankie will be 3 in October and Andie is 4 weeks and a student taking 15 credits this semester. I need a Live-it.


I think I should mention that while I'm a weight watchers .Freak. I don't think it is the only plan in the world that works. It is what worked for me and that's why I love it. I truly believe that any sensible weight loss plan will include the same basic information, but you have to find the plan that works for YOU. I think the points system is so simple, but I can also see why it's not for some people, it's tedious for sure.

Of course after the meeting I was pumped about everything and made a
.FABULOUS. dinner that was only 1 weight watcher point, I think. (I need to clarify with an instructor about when a variety of zero points become one point, I'll correct this if anything changes.) Shrimp and Veggie Kabobs. I put all the food on the skewers, sprayed with pam, seasoned and grilled them. Shrimp cooked this way might just be my favorite food ever! On the veggie kabobs I used green and red peppers, summer squash (from our garden) and mushrooms and seasoned them with season-all. For the shrimp kabobs I used jumbo size shrimp and put 6 on each skewer and seasoned them with salt and pepper. I was thinking next time I make this I would make some wild rice to go along with it, while a 1 point dinner is amazing some rice would have made it a little bit more filling.

According to Fed-ex, tomorrow my Joovy sit and stand stroller should be here and I can start walking! Since it's only been 4 weeks since my c-section that's all my doctor wants me doing right now. I'm so excited to take both girls with me on a walk! I think Frankie is going to love to stand up while we're cruisin'.


Life is going to be especially crazy for the next few months adjusting to all the changes of a new baby, school and trying to fit in burning calories where ever possible but I'm looking forward to it! I saw a bumper sticker today that said "Enjoy life, this isn't a rehearsal" and that's exactly what I intend to do!

2 comments:

  1. I love that saying!! It's perfect :) I'm taking 15 credits as well! Yikes. We can DO it! So proud of you for doing this, hope I can keep up with you! :) Right now, I'm trying to count calories to see my average.. But on the downside, I am now back to 138.. YIKES! In February I was 131. So, not good at all. I have gained 2 lbs in one month :( SO hoping I can get some inspiration from you. As always, I am looking up to you!!!
    Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dinner was bomb ass and those shrimp are delectable. :) great job.

    ReplyDelete