Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fabulous First Weigh in!

Well tonight was my first weigh in and am crazy happy because I lost 3.6lbs!!! Down to 225!

whew, bold big letters make it so much more exciting! :)

Tonight's meeting was about exercise and how it is not only essential to lose weight but it also has many other benefits. I was actually thinking today how much I forgot what a high working out is, and how I wished I would have done it more often during my pregnancy. I talked about exercising all the time and how I really needed to stay active... right. Today when I got home from walking Frankie to daycare I got the exercise "high" and realized how much I missed it. I am still somewhat restricted due to having a c-section 5 weeks ago but as soon as I get that "Ok" from my doc I'm going to get going full force! I can't wait to get back into Zumba, P90x, and of course enjoying the beautiful weather of the coming fall walking my babies everywhere in their Super Stroller!!

When I lost a lot of weight after Frankie was born I always had this theory that I was losing weight and enjoying every loss no matter how small because I had no "skinny body" to compare too. (You know those women who constantly compare their current bodies to their high school body or how they looked when they met their husband). Every loss held it's own magical power I wasn't hung up on the long term because I was in a world of uncharted territory in my life, every loss marked a new "skinny body" for me, lol. However, now that I do have a "skinny body" (sorta, I never did reach my ultimate goal) to compare myself too I only find it more motivating! I've done it before and I can do it again, it's proof that, yes, I will get there eventually.

On another note, my baby doll Andie is 5 weeks old today! She's already changed so much, it's amazing how fast time flies after they're born. She's sitting propped up in my lap as I write this just staring up and her mama. She is precious.

3 comments:

  1. Awww a 5 week old. How precious!! I miss those baby days. My oldest is going to be off to kindergarten next week. Boo! :(

    Dawn
    http://www.mom-a-logues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love, love, love these pics! I am following you from Bloggy Moms. Come and visit me http://mom-stuffcommunity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Keep up the good work! Thanks for stopping by my blog too! =)

    Ember

    ReplyDelete