Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Spectacular Saturday!

My legs are aching something fierce tonight.

Roxie and I rode our bikes 5.5 miles today! I know it doesn't seem like very far on a bike, and it's not, but when you're just starting out on the work out wagon it's far enough. It felt so good to be active and the weather couldn't have been nicer! I earned 4 activity points. The trail we rode on was almost entirely shaded and the trees grew up around the path creating a tunnel. It will be a beautiful place to ride when the leaves start to change. (Which I am SO excited for!)

On our little excursion we even ran into "Bill Nye, the science guy." I kid you not this dude was a spitting image. We also met a man I've nick-named "The toothless ninja" he was pushing his shopping cart, yes, I repeat, a shopping cart full of fishing gear down the trail until he found a nice place to fish. Exhibit A:
After the bike ride I felt like I deserved a little treat, so I pick up a little Red Mango! No Key Lime this week but this Madagascar Vanilla topped with a little granola and fresh strawberries (3 points) is good enough for me! Exhibit B:


I'm going to be trying some new weight watchers dinner recipes this coming week! :) Check back for pics and recipes!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! I've been making excuses forever about why I haven't start an exercise routine. It's shameful! I'm blogging now, eating Oreo cookies :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey love! I am so glad you had such a great saturday! But.. You went to Red Mango without me? :( Wish I had a bike, I would love to go on a bike ride. And that guy..The toothless Ninja? Dude, I was laughing so hard picturing you saying that! We'll have to get some Red Mango soon together k? :) I'll see you this week! (I hope) Waiting for Levee to get better.

    J- You sound like me! But last night.. It was a TON of left over cheesecake from a wedding! My boyfriend was a groomsman and decided i needed a whole left over box full... Yeah. BAD! I finally had to throw them away today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always up for Red Mango, it's ADDICTIVE! The toothless ninja was the funniest thing i've ever seen! When we first saw him he was walking on the path but I wasn't stealthy enough to take a pic. It took me 3 drive-by's to get that one! hahaha. J- I totally could have made an excuse yesterday but I didn't want to let my work out buddy down, and thank goodness I didn't, it felt wonderful! P.S. Oreos sound delicious! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! If I ride my bike like that, can I get an ice cream that looks that good!! Oh yea!!!! Found this post on Bloggy Moms and following you. :)


    Heather from Mommy Only Has Two Hands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That, my dear Heather, is not ice cream, it's yogurt, and it's healthy (but tastes heavenly) so you don't have to do anything to get it! only 90 calories for 1/2 cup! Thanks for following, I'm following you now too!

    ReplyDelete